What’s the best breakfast to increase energy, increase productivity and lose fat?
As an entrepreneur I’m always looking for tips and tricks to hack my health, energy, accelerate performance and productivity.
What is it?
It’s an alternative breakfast consisting of:
- high grade mold-free coffee
- high quality butter from a grass-fed animal. Food that comes from a grass fed vs grain fed animal is vastly superior nutritionally
- coconut oil or MCT oil (medium-chain-triglycerides are the dominant ingredient in coconut oil)
Why drink this?
- You get a 5-6 hour clean, even, burst of energy from high quality good fats
- It is useful as part of a fat adaptation protocol, signalling your body to look for fat as a fuel source and transition away from a dependency on grains, high carbohydrate and sugar fuel sources which swing energy levels and cravings up and down all day
- Helps with weight-loss and improves brain function according to the BulletProof Exec
- Works in well with the Paleo diet and Intermittent fasting, more on why skipping breakfast may be better for you at Lean Gains
- My experience was that I liked to feel light and not weighed down in the morning digesting a heavy meal, it led to increased productivity something I am always striving for
What do you need to make it?
- High grade, certified organic coffee – in the UK I recommend Monmouth or the official bulletproof coffee
- Grass fed butter: Yeo Valley or Kerry Gold (make sure you buy unsalted, I’ve made that mistake!) – 80 grams
- Refined MCT Oil – 30mls or Extra Virgin Coconut oil
- Digestive enzymes – to begin with your body isn’t used to processing this amount of fat and will struggle, you may find yourself needing to use the bathroom more often at the start, the digestive enzymes help this transition, eventually you won’t need them
- An electronic whisk
- Coffee filter cone
- Coffee filter papers
How do you make it?
Follow the instructions in this video:
Have fun and let me know how you get on in the comments!
A number of people have been asking me how to make this in the UK. I recommend Monmouth coffee as my favourite, they don’t sell online, you can buy the official Bulletproof coffee on Amazon in the UK here.